Thursday 7 June 2012

My Personal Experience with Salvation!!

I grew up in church but like most kids I never paid attention from when I reached high school I stopped going as regurlarly as I use to. This was due to losing interest and I started becoming more self centered, I became self-centered because tha's when football started taking off so I put more interest in football rather than on Christ. In high school alot more of my focus was also tuned to girls, I would not say that I was popular but naturally I was a leader and I knew alot of people but I fell into the pressures and the urges of what the bible refers to as ''the flesh'' things went down hill from here on and this also affected my grades and my family life leading to me developing an attitude and becoming carless, angry and complacent. At this point relationships became a main focus. This continued on to college, marking the begining of drugs and alcohol  the cycle from high school continued and I would say that I was at a point where I was searching  for answers but in the wrong places at the back of my mind I knew that Jesus was the answer however I had the mentality that I had to get right First and then turn to him. I began running from the true answers, I felt a nudging from God but ignored and kept running. After running and running and getting to the end of myself I realized that infact I needed God more than I thought. It was when I came to Christ and gave myself completely to him and thats when I begin to be changed and I started to hate the things of the flesh. Its an everyday process of being changed and made more like Christ. I still make mistakes and I'm not perfect but I serve the one thats perfect and his name is Jesus Christ.

1 comment:

  1. Very cool. Like the theme, the content information, and the color scheme. Cool story very personal and honest.

    ReplyDelete